Friday, July 25, 2008

Socks + Sandals...OH MY!

Everyone has their major fashion don’ts. Mine in particular is wearing socks with sandals.


What’s the point really? Is it to avoid major foot sweatage? Is it more comfortable than wearing sandals without socks? Does the sock provide extra protection from the dirt you walk on? I really don’t understand.

Well, I guess there always an exception but the re-invented version is not as horrendous as the ‘tourist w/ sandal + sock” combo.



pic credit: Stylefrizz


pic credit: telegraph.uk.com

It looks cute on SOME people. Only certain individuals can get away with it and I’m not one of them. I won’t even try…only because

a) I’m already short and the ankle sock would make my legs look even shorter and stumpy

b) There’s a certain age you can wear this look with. Maybe highschool-ish to early 20’s just like this Gossip Girl


pic credit: Gossip Girl


c) Husband’s going to give me a hard time about it and I’ll be the butt of many jokes for the rest of the day. Well I don’t really care about being made fun of but I’m not willing to risk it for this one only because…

d) …this look hasn’t really rubbed in a good way.


What do you think about this trend?

No comments: